Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Healthy Goulash!

Healthy Goulash


How many people love pasta and meat?  I know I do.  The hubby and I love goulash but I wanted a way to make it work with the 21 Day fix program that I am doing.  I found a few ones online and I adapted them to  make my own. It was delicious.
 
Here is the recipe:
 
1 cup of whole wheat/whole grain pasta 
1 whole pepper
2 whole mushrooms
1 large onion
2 tablespoons of pasta sauce
 1 package of ground meat/pork/turkey/chicken
 
 
Directions:
 
  1. Fry out your  meat and put your noodles on to boil.
  2. While the meat is frying cut up your veggies
  3. When the meat is cooked, place it in a bowl and drain if there is any grease
  4.  Fill your 2  green 21 day fix containers with you assortment of veggies and place in frying pan.
  5. Fill on of your red containers with the meat and place in frying pan with your veggies.
  6. Take 2 tablespoons of pasta sauce (I use low calorie Ragu sauce) and add it to your meat and veggie mixture and mix.
  7. Let simmer for a few minutes and add 1 yellow container of your cooked pasta and mix together well.   
  8. Serve hot and steamy. 

I always make extra to have for my lunch the next day and I use the extra pasta in other recipes.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.  It was super yummy and simple!!

1 comment:

  1. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks. oncology hospitals in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete